Cruising Past Seventy: The Inner Journeys: Happy to Be a Sunshine Blogger!

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Happy to Be a Sunshine Blogger!



It's almost Easter Sunday and it feels like the sun will shine more. I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. It is nice to be recognized by a fellow blogger, the owner of Wendy's Blog. It is an extraordinary read about her rural hikes and urban walks around the country with a focus on gardens. Thank you, Wendy, for spotting my blog. Now I can splash yellow representing sunshine all over my post.

beautiful lily, given to me by my hubby
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given by bloggers to bloggers. Essentially a peer to peer award, it is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. One of the requirements is that the nominee has to answer eleven questions posed to her. Here's my turn: 

1.   What is one piece of advice you would give your younger self? I have learned that a happy life is filled with experiences, not material things. I can only advise her to start as early as possible. Coming from a very poor family, I was drawn to material goals at first. 
2.    How did you get started with blogging? After twenty years of being a career-minded single parent, I found my life partner. He led me to RVing North America and then traveling the world. Once we started, I wanted to document our experiences well. I turned to blogging.
3.    What is one small thing that makes you truly happy? I believe it is having a deep conversation, be it with another person or a gem of nature.
the wattle tree, Australia's national tree
 in full bloom, 2017
   4.    What is your favorite place in the sunshine? Anywhere where the sun shines or where her brightness is trapped: a flower, a tree, or a field. I guess that is why I love the color yellow!
   5.    What do you do to relax? I watch a a movie that entertains and doesn’t tax the brain too much.
   6.    If you could spend a day with anyone in the world, living or dead, who would it be and why? Any of my grandchildren. They light up my life.
   7.    What is your favorite dessert? decadent chocolate cake or Chocolate Therapy.
   8.    What is the meaning behind your logo? Would you believe I do not have a logo? I have a byline though. "Carolina: Cruising Past 70. It's not only about the obvious journey. It's also about the inner one. It's about the lessons of earlier cruising lifestyles applied to travels past 70."
   9.    What is your favorite season and why? New England Fall or Desert Spring because they wear lots of yellows.
  10. What are some of your favorite hobbies? photography, writing, reading, and later, hopefully painting.    
 11. What is your favorite book? The book I wrote and published: Carolina: Cruising to an American Dream.

desert cacti in full bloom in Phoenix this spring

NEXT STEPS

Here are the eleven questions I would like to ask the bloggers who have inspired and encouraged me:

1-2.  What was the most inspiring place you have ever visited? Why?
3-4. Who in your personal circle inspires you most about travel? Why?
 5.   What is the major reason you travel?
6-7.  Who would you rather travel with: your partner, your friends, your family, or no one? Why?
8-9. Which of the following types of travel do you prefer: budget, luxury, adventure, history, culture? Why?
10-11.During what season do you like to travel: spring, summer, fall or winter? Why?


giant sunflowers in Kansas

And these are the bloggers whose insights I would like to know and share with others. They have inspired and encouraged me in my writing journey. They will inspire and encourage many more.


Finally, here are the rules:

Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find it.
Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
List the rules and (optional) display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.

FOR THOSE ON MOBILES WHO WANT TO SHARE THIS, share buttons will appear when you click "View Web Version" @bottom of the post past the comments.







1 comment:

  1. Although I am unable to fully participate in the Sunshine Blogger Award at this time, I am honoured that my blog Destinations Detours and Dreams is one that has inspired you. I will provide answers to your questions here:

    1-2: I cannot pick one place as the most inspiring because I usually find something inspiring every place I visit. Each place is unique and offers its own charms.

    3-4: Again, I cannot point to any one person (or even a small group of people) that most inspires me to travel. Through blogging I have become acquainted with many other travel bloggers and each has inspired me in different ways. I also follow the travels of family and friends with interest (and sometimes envy). Fellow bloggers, family, and friends have all given me new ideas for destinations and ways to travel.

    5. I travel because I am curious and love to explore. Traveling opens the mind to other ideas and ways of doing things. And there is that wonderful “vacation high” feeling.

    6-7. I like to travel with my husband. We like many of the same things and have developed a good rhythm of being together. He also makes me slow down when I think I can cram 3 days of activities into 1 day. I have also enjoyed travelling with my sister. However, when travelling with her I need to be my own pace setter because she can keep up a more intense pace than I can. Although I occasionally visit attractions on my own when my husband and I travel together, I have not done much solo travel and don’t know whether I’d like that or not.

    8-9. I like history and culture travel because those are my interests. I’d love to do luxury travel, but my budget doesn’t allow for much of that. I’d rather make several trips than one luxurious one.

    10.-11. Any season is good for travelling. Because I live in Manitoba, Canada, a place with cold winters. I like to travel for part of the winter, especially to warmer places. Frequently the bulk of our travel occurs in winter months. I like spring and fall for sightseeing because crowds are smaller and weather is good. Summer is a great time to be home in Manitoba, but it is also a great time to travel to other parts of Canada.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment